Have you been curious about affirmation cards, but don’t quite know where to start?
Do you have a deck of affirmation cards, but have been hesitant to pick them up?
Have no fear!
You truly can’t go wrong in whatever way you go about using your affirmation cards, but that being said, I’m going to help break down a few simple tips that can guide you (especially in relation to Glow Kiddo Glow Affirmation Cards for Children)!
- Have your kiddo (or yourself) pull one or more cards from the deck. Don’t feel like you have to go day by day in the order the cards arrived in their deck. I prefer to close my eyes and pull a card based on where I am led!
- Read the card(s) out loud. If your kiddos are still little, have them repeat after you. Saying the affirmation out load is a very important step in the process. Often, we shy away from saying things out loud that are self-affirming for fear that we will feel silly or come across as bragging. This is exactly the kind of negative self-talk affirmations help work against! Affirmations are MEANT to remind us of how special we are, so say them loud and say them proud!
- Read the back of the card out loud together and discuss together.
- How does this make you feel?
- Has there been a time you have felt this way or experienced this?
- (You might be surprised with how receptive your little ones are!)
- Keep the affirmations visible. If there are certain cards and affirmations that resonate with you or your kiddo, or if there are messages you feel will be beneficial for them to see daily, consider keeping them out in a high-traffic area like on a mirror or the fridge.
- REPEAT DAILY! Affirmations have been linked to boosted self-esteem, lowered levels of stress, and even increased academic performance! Over time, when we build the ritual of positive self-talk into our day, we start to believe each affirmation even more.
Either way, an incredible practice to add into you and your child’s life!